Who Knew Cloud Storage Was ‘Cool?’
- How Simpana VM Backup, Recovery and Cloud Management Brightens Your Cloud October (8) The American Data Horror Story: The Day the
- The Make-Up of a Leader, Again Join Us at the Nimble Virtual Tradeshow Making the Hard Stuff Easy: IntelliSnap Technology and Hitachi Data Systems (Part 3) Gearing Up for AWS re:Invent 2014 Making the Hard Stuff Easy: IntelliSnap Technology and Hitachi Data Systems (Part 2) 2013 January (1) Commvault Simpana Software Achieves Quality Assurance and Certification for Rackspace Private Cloud February (5) CommVault to Showcase Simpana 10 Strategies to Manage Clinical and Operational Data at
- â Coolâ storage is priced significantly cheaper than â Blockâ or â Page Blobsâ and is ideal for data that isnâ t recalled more than twice per month.
- DASH Your Way to Better Data Management Setting the Record Straight on the DCIG Virtual Server Backup Guide Reflections From a Vegas Cloud: Recap of VMware Partner Exchange 2013 DCIG Virtual Server Backup Software Buyer’s Guide: ‘Solving Forward’ Really IS the Right Strategy Orchestrate Your Data Management: Simpana 10 Workflows Simpana 10: A Brilliant Evening in the Heart of London Simpana 10: Not Just Another Pretty Interface April (2) Adventures in Data â
- â Tis the Event Season for Microsoft and CommVault Get Smart about Email Compliance with the Right Tools Bring-Your-Own-Cloud and Data Growth are Top Concerns for Healthcare IT Mobile Enterprise Data Management â
The Commvault Education Advantage product training portal enables Commvault customers and partners to educate themselves on the use of the Commvault software suite
@CloudExpo: Who Knew Cloud Storage Was Cool? ▸ @Commvault @RDeMeno #DataCenter #Storage #IoT #BigData
I had the pleasure of presenting three times at the recent Cloud Expo in New York City. It was a nice chance to stay local and almost be at home during an industry event. At the Expo, I was struck by how many people asked me: ‘What Cloud technology do you suggest?’ We are regularly entertaining that question from customers and partners more and more at Commvault. It feels eerily similar to several years ago, when we were frequently asked: ‘What SAN/NAS do we suggest?’ The times they have a changed.
My answer is always: “Be sure you select a vendor you know will be around in five years and make sure that vendor is truly neutral – not just using its public/private cloud in a way to exclusively upsell you on its own technologies.”
In addition to answering general questions about cloud technologies, I am always happy to discuss new offerings from our key partners. Microsoft’s new “Cool” storage offering has provided me with more information for customers and partners. This becomes the third “Blob” option within the Azure infrastructure for storage. “Block Blob” was the original, followed by “Page Blob,” which is ideal for customers often leveraging Commvault’s global deduplication.
“Cool” storage is priced significantly cheaper than “Block” or “Page Blobs” and is ideal for data that isn’t recalled more than twice per month. It becomes an ideal long-term backup and/or archiving target and works well with Commvault’s granular application management (i.e. SharePoint, on-prem Exchange or O365/Exchange).
We’re also delighted that Microsoft featured Commvault first among its partners when the announcement-via-blog was made. Once again, Commvault officially supported this new functionality within the lasted update to Commvault Software (v11).