World Map Visualizing Weather in Real-Time • /r/dataisbeautiful
- 1) you are a data visualization practitioner/researcher, and
- Post titles must describe the data plainly without using sensationalized headlines.
- If you want to post something related to data visualization but it doesn’t fit the criteria above, consider posting to one of the following subreddits.
- It’s model data (From GFS if you didn’t change anything).
- World Map Visualizing Weather in Real-Time ( ventusky.com )
reddit: the front page of the internet
@DataIsBeautiful: World Map Visualizing Weather in Real-Time #dataviz
A place for visual representations of data: Graphs, charts, maps, etc.
DataIsBeautiful is for visualizations that effectively convey information. Aesthetics are an important part of information visualization, but pretty pictures are not the aim of this subreddit.
If you want to post something related to data visualization but it doesn’t fit the criteria above, consider posting to one of the following subreddits.
Get the day’s top posts on Twitter!
What’s wrong with using America units? America doesn’t use the metric system, and we don’t have to. Don’t be surprised when the rest of you have to adapt to what we want: after all, when the head hits the pillow, everyone in the world knows who daddy is. Besides, our system is long known to be “a just weight and a just measure, which alone are acceptable to the Lord.” Think about that.
It’s model data (From GFS if you didn’t change anything). Not “real” data – it’s very possible for it to have not forecasted correctly at your specific location as it is running a 0.25 degree native resolution (approx 27 km). Normally you have higher resolution weather models for local areas. Also it’s the 2 m air temperature – it will bemuch warmer if you sit on a terrace in a corner with little wind and some sun.